Welcome to the Portwest careers section of our website!
In this section you can search for current opportunities which we have in our branches nationwide and also at our Head Office, which is based in Westport Ireland. With our continued expansion both in Ireland and UK there will be number of fantastic career opportunities on offer.
Who we want?
We believe that our people are our best asset and they set us apart from our competitiors! We want people who are:
- Passionate and Enthusiastic about our brand.
- Interested in outdoor activities
- Determined to achieve success and work as part of the Portwest team.
- Customer focused.
In the past we have recruited for store managers, assistant store managers, buyers, product designers, office and retail assistants
As well as offering a rewarding and exciting career with Portwest we also offer opportunities for training and development and promotion.
If you are looking for a career change please email you C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it in to your nearest Portwest store and we will hold it on file should a suitable position arise.
Portwest Irelands leading Outdoor Clothing manufacturer and retailer are looking to recruit a Product Designer.
The role will cover a wide range of outdoor and leisurewear styles, therefore extensive knowledge of garment design is essential.
You must be organised & creative; have strong illustrator & Photoshop skills; the ability to communicate well with a strong understanding of product marketing.
A commercial eye and attention to detail are required for this role
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and work quickly and efficiently. This role requires a dynamic and commercial individual with innovative knowledge of apparel trends and experience of retailers’ needs in the outdoor clothing sector.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Creating range plans & product groups
· Designing new innovate products
· Monitoring development & creation of Garment specifications
· Designing new innovate products
· Monitoring production on a daily basis
· Creating promotional campaigns for products instore
Key Criteria Includes:
· Highly organised - capable of working to and managing deadlines
· Experience dealing with China and other offshore suppliers and factories
· Experience working in Product design & development
· Confident in Range Development with a strong ability to predict fashion trends and customize them into commercial products in order to meet the expectations of the customer
· Strong Technical skills in producing garment specifications
· Advanced Photoshop & Illustrator skills.
This is an exciting role for the right person. This role will be ideally suited to someone who wants to learn and build on their existing experience without limitations.
To apply please email your resume with a cover letter to
Product promoter /trainer
Salary: On application
Portwest produce the highest quality, Irish designed outdoor clothing .At Portwest we constantly strive to improve our products so that they can offer products that meet the very highest standards of value, quality, innovation and functionality.
We are looking for a Retail Staff Trainer to join our team, who shares the same ethos is passionate about outdoor and climbing product, and can communicate this brand message to retail staff.
As a Retail Staff Trainer you will travel to our retail stores and will be responsible for the motivation and training of retail personnel. The ideal candidate will be confident, well organised and a great communicator, with an interest in a wide variety of outdoor pursuits. Retail experience would be desirable.
The position will be part time 15 hours a month. We offer a competitive salary and a very favourable staff discount deal on products.
Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Rachel Davoren.
Contact: Rachel Davoren